Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eating like a big boy

I'm excited to say that Cory is no longer eating any sort of Gerber food. Not even the toddler snacks. He has real cereal for breakfast, cheerios or kiks is the only ones I could think of were good for him. He has pasta, chicken nuggets, grilled chicken, bits of hamburger, and just about anything else we eat. He ate dinner with us last night and really enjoyed the lemon pepper breaded chicken.

Veggies are a bit of a battle. He does okay with carrots, likes peas and corn, but hates, and I mean HATES green beans. Try to feed him green beans and he'll give you the dirtiest look, cry, and then throw them over the side of the high chair. So no green beans for awhile. I know we'll come back to them at some point.

Fruits, on the other hand, are his favorite thing. I can't give him enough! We share a banana in the morning, then he has strawberries with his lunch, pears with his dinner, and watermelon for an evening snack. He sure does love fruit.

We're still doing 2 bottles; one in the morning and one before bed. I know we'll get away from those soon, but we've got a little time. I'll be sad when those finally go cause that's still a bonding time when I just get to hold him. It's not very often anymore when I just get to hold him without him wiggling away to go run around.

Speaking of the angel, I hear his starting to wake up so I should get his breakfast together so we can start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment